Director of Finance
Responsible for all financial & accounting functions of the agency, preparation of monthly financial statements and reports. Management and enrollment of employee benefits.
- Knowledge of accounting procedures and general accounting systems.
- Proficiency in the use of personal computers and automated accounting systems.
- Proficiency in accounting software applications and Excel.
- Proficiency in human resources and employee benefits.
- Proficiency in cost accounting and financial analysis.
- Communication skills, both written and oral. Able to function as part of a team.
- Knowledge of healthcare billing requirements preferred.
- Capable of effective supervision of accounting staff.
- Bachelors degree in accounting/business management or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 2-3 years supervising financial functions or equivalent experience
- Background in non-profit finance preferred
- Must be tolerant of all lifestyles, cultures and spiritual beliefs.
Key Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Completes or supervises daily accounting functions including:
- Maximizing Medicare and private insurance billing and collections
- Managing and maintaining accounts payable, review and authorization of cash disbursements to ensure payroll, accounts payable, are paid timely and appropriately.
- Cash management
- Oversees payroll process
- Prepares annual operating budget, monitors budget in relation to actual performance. Completes financial reports, including planning and forecasting. Presents reports to Executive Director, Finance Committee of Board of Directors.
- Educates staff and Board of Directors regarding financial reports and operational benchmarks.
- Reviews proposed contracts and programs, develops annual budget to analyze financial impact and establish realistic projections.
- Acts as a liaison with independent auditors to complete annual audit and 990.
- Coordinates, reviews, and/or prepares all payroll tax, workers compensation and Medicare reports.
- Supervises all accounting staff.
- Completes special projects as requested by the Executive Director and/or Board of Directors.
- Performs related responsibilities as required or assigned and within the scope of demonstrated competencies.
- Maintain records of all capitalized assets and disposals.
- Track program revenues/costs to monitor restricted/unrestricted cash.
Position Reports to:
To Apply for this Job:
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail your resume with a cover letter to:
Hospice of Green Country
1120 South Boston Ave, Suite 200
Tulsa, OK 74119.
Friday, June 28, 2019