- Assist Executive Director (ED) & Projects Coordinator (PC) with administrative/clerical duties as requested.
- Maintain office accounts payable and receivable with advice and support of ED. Produce QuickBooks financial reports for Board of Directors.
- Update and maintain accurate up to date Affiliate files, roster(s) and required documents.
- Monitor and maintain inventory of clerical office supplies (paper, pens, stamps, etc.), necessary needs supplies (toilet paper, cleaning supplies, paper towels, etc.) and promotional inventory. Subsequently order/obtain office supplies as necessary or provide swag/print orders to Projects Coordinator for order.
- Answer telephones and route to appropriate staff. In absence of staff requested try to find answers and provide an email (with ‘call’ as the subject line) with details of the call and whether to return call to appropriate staff member.
- Maintain organization’s social media sites and postings. Develop social media campaign for current programs. Create hashtags for ‘current’ programs, ‘tag’ sponsors, board members, staff, etc. in all posts when necessary/appropriate.
- Assist when necessary in writing and submission of Press Releases.
- Maintain shared office calendars, schedules and send notices for meetings as requested.
- Assist with planning, supporting and preparing for meetings and events.
- Maintain official Board Minutes book.
- Prepare research, articles and reports as required by Executive Director.
- Process applicable program correspondence e.g. mailouts, invitations, and notices
- Environmental Excellence (Award Banquet) Celebration tasks including maintaining a current list of raffle items, seating chart and volunteer list and oversight.
- Other EEC tasks as directed and in assistance to ED and PC; including but not limited to maintaining/updating invitation list, design raffle items descriptors and list of event duties for staff and board of directors.
- Assist other staff in research of Grant opportunities and preparation of grant proposal submissions.
- Develop a relationship with KOB affiliates and assist Executive Director with Affiliate Network communication.
- As part of a team, you will make informational presentations at Community Workshops and Affiliate Forums.
- Some in-state travel and periodic over-night stays.
- Supervise, train, and mentor Interns.
- Assist in updates of website, Web design and/or: Willingness to learn simple HTML on the job for website content.
- Maintain KOB contact information for: Members, Affiliates, and Board Members across multiple spreadsheets and in the shared Address Book on the server.
- Manage mail and make trips to post office when necessary
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: Degree or the equivalent of 4-yr combination of higher education/relevant experience
Experience: Minimum of 3 years of office management and/or administrative assistant position preferably in a nonprofit setting.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks and general office bookkeeping.
- Excellent written and spoken communication and administrative skills with personable telephone manner.
- A self-starter and multi-tasker with exceptional organizational skills
- Knowledge and experience with multiple software platforms i.e. Apple Pages, Keynote, Numbers and Microsoft Word and Excel. Design software experience a plus.
- Possess high level of diplomacy, cordiality and a desire to be helpful.
- Have working knowledge of social media platforms including: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
- Experience with social media scheduling software, i.e. TweetDeck or Hootsuite
- Willing to work independently or as part of a team.
- Public Speaking skills
Position Reports to:
Hours and Salary:
To Apply for this Job:
Send cover letter & resume to email@example.com
Posting open until filled.