Resource Development Coordinator
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Oklahoma is in the business of changing lives. We match children facing adversity (we call them Littles) with caring adult role models (we call them Bigs). Our Bigs share experiences with our Littles that expand their world in new ways. Our life-shaping results are proven through measured outcomes that show tangible results of improving the lives of our Littles for the better, forever.
Join the OKC BBBSOK Team
We have a unique opportunity for a proven, results-driven fundraiser/recruiter to join our Oklahoma City team. The successful candidate will have sales or fundraising experience with demonstrated drive to achieve or exceed goal. Reporting to the Oklahoma City Area Director, this position plays a primary role in planning and implementing the annual Bowl for Kids’ Sake campaign, assists in all aspects of the Taste of OKC gala and annual golf tournament, and helps develop and implement volunteer/client recruitment. There is a lot of opportunity for creativity and proactivity at BBBSOK as we work to make more matches and raise more money.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Previous sales or fundraising experience with demonstrated results
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle and manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Excellent public speaking and negotiating skills
- Ability to lead and inspire volunteers to action
- Ability to travel within the OKC metro
- Volunteer recruitment experience in a non-profit setting a plus
- A Sample of the Job Responsibilities
- Manage all aspects of Bowl for Kids' Sake to achieve fundraising goal by soliciting sponsorship and recruiting companies, team captains and bowlers and showing them how to achieve maximum fundraising success.
- Solicit sponsorships, auction items and ticket sales for the annual Taste of OKC gala.
- Solicit sponsorships and team registrations for an annual golf tournament.
- Execute sponsor benefits, prepare return on investment portfolios and steward donors.
- Maintain event websites and databases.
- Secure additional funding for the agency from companies, foundations, individuals and other sources to achieve overall fundraising goal, as well as implement stewardship of donors.
- Solicit in-kind items to offer to our matches so that they have the option of quality no-cost-to-them match activities in the community (aquarium tickets, zoo passes, ballet tickets, etc).
- Assist the Program team with school relationships to recruit Littles for our program.
- Assist in developing and implementing a plan to recruit volunteers and build community presence.
- Organize recruitment events that attract our target audiences of Big Brothers (especially minority Big Brothers) and Little Sisters.
- Assist in organizing and implementing monthly match activities for current matches.
- Establish, cultivate and maintain relationships with companies and organizations for the purpose of recruiting volunteers, raising community awareness and raising funds.
- Meet monthly and annual goals for new volunteer recruits and quality community engagement and regularly report progress on recruitment plan.
- Collect and analyze data to determine possible recruitment sources.
- Assist throughout the state in fundraising and recruitment efforts as requested. For example, this position might help execute Bowl For Kids Sake strategies in Shawnee and Stillwater or help with recruitment events in Norman.
- Evening and weekend hours are required.
Position Reports to:
To Apply for this Job:
Please send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuesday, June 11, 2019