OKLAHOMA CITY PHILHARMONIC & OKLAHOMA CITY ORCHESTRA LEAGUE
Title: Education Coordinator
Structure: Full Time
Reports to: General Manager, with quarterly reporting to the joint education steering committee, representing leadership from the Philharmonic and Orchestra League
The Education Coordinator is responsible for developing, administering, executing, budgeting and evaluating all education programs of the OKC Philharmonic and OKC Orchestra League (for a complete list of education programs, visit www.okcphil.org/education).
The Education Coordinator will facilitate education activities in coordination with volunteers, musicians and staff who are involved with education programming. The Education Coordinator will represent the organizations to other arts, education and civic institutions to promote constructive working partnerships in the community and will work closely with local school districts, universities and teachers to meet and assess student needs. In addition, the Education Coordinator will develop all materials used in teacher, musician and volunteer training, as well as classroom materials for students.
- Bachelor’s degree in music or music education and three+ years’ experience in a professional setting is required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and Adobe products.
- Knowledge of orchestral repertoire.
- A personable, team-player, who is able to work with a broad spectrum of people.
- Detailed and deadline oriented.
- Highly organized and able to work in an efficient and self-directed manner and under pressure.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Must have a reliable vehicle.
- Experience working with volunteers is desired.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Full benefits are available.
- Due to the nature of some work taking place outside normal business hours, some schedule flexibility is offered.
To Apply for this Job:
Send cover letter, resume and a list of three references to email@example.com. No phone calls please. Apply by April 20, 2019.
Saturday, April 20, 2019