Chief Financial Officer
Job Description: The Director of Accounting and Finance will provide the Community Food Bank of Eastern Oklahoma’s Executive Director, Board of Directors, and management team with financial data necessary for budgetary and financial decisions. This position will oversee the efficient and timely performance of all accounting functions in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles for non-profit entities.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain financial objectives and policies.
- Assist Executive Director and Food Bank leadership in the annual budgeting and planning process including cash flow projections for the budgeting period.
- Prepare and present accurate and timely cash flow projections, financial and other reports to the Executive Director.
- Work with Food Bank management and staff in managing purchasing and expenditures to maximize cost saving opportunities.
- Prepare and review monthly and year-to-date financial statements along with analysis of actual versus budgeted results.
- Coordinate the preparation and review of all financial statements, schedules and other materials related to the annual audit and assist in the review and respond to matters cited by the outside auditors.
- Directly supervise and coordinate activities of accounting staff.
- Support the development and program staff with documentation for funding proposals for grants and in timely reporting of grant fund activity.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Position Requirements:
- Bachelor degree in accounting or business administration with at least five years of relevant experience, or applicable work experience.
- Management of IT Networks a plus.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and sound accounting and recordkeeping practices.
- Budgeting, cash management, financial statement preparation and analysis experience
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to work across different departments to achieve desired operational and financial results.
- Demonstrated ability to train and supervise subordinates.
- QuickBooks, and non-profit sector experience preferred.
- Additional Requirements:
- Valid Oklahoma driver’s license, insurance, and use of personal vehicle.
- Must be available for occasional weekend and evening work.
- Must be able to perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to walk, stand, sit, kneel, push, stoop, reach above the shoulder, grasp, pull, bend, write, count, read, speak, analyze, alphabetize, lift and carry 25 lbs., perceive depth, sit for extended periods, use a computer, work with others, work alone, work protracted or irregular hours and travel by car, van, bus and airplane.
Position Reports to:
Hours and Salary:
Hours: Full Time, Exempt; Salary: Commensurate with Experience
To Apply for this Job:
Please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Wednesday, May 8, 2019