About Scissortail Park
The 70 acre Scissortail Park, designed by internationally-acclaimed landscape architecture firm, Hargreaves and Associates, links the heart of the city to the Oklahoma River, long aspired to and now part of the city’s “Core to Shore” master downtown development plan. This $135 million project is funded by a city-wide civic improvement tax. The new park, located just a block south of Myriad Botanical Gardens, will feature extensive gardens, a Great Lawn and outdoor performance venue, a lake and boathouse, a café, recreational facilities, children’s play areas, dog park, a civic scaled interactive fountain and multiple walking/jogging paths, all set within regionally-specific native woodland and prairie landscapes. Over 1,000 trees will be planted in the 36-acre Upper Park with hundreds more in the 34 acre Lower Park.
The Rental Manager works closely with the Associate Director of Events to identify and realize the vision for event rentals, revenue, and growth of Scissortail Park within the community as well as increase the Park’s potential as an attractive and popular local destination through planning, marketing and strategic analysis, and negotiation skills. This manager researches market trends, targeting relationships and using proven methods to develop our business strategy while retaining event partners.
The Rental Manager will establish an internal and external leadership role, ensuring that the best interest of the Park. The Manager will create a sophisticated and effective revenue management program by optimizing event availability and pricing to maximize revenue for the Park. The Rental Manager works collaboratively with the administrative staff as well as the rental team to support all third-party events at the Park. This position provides clerical and administrative support and must be able to work flexible hours. The Rental Manager will create a positive work environment where employees and seasonal staff are productive and appreciated.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify the client’s requirements and expectations for each event.
- Liaise with vendors, exhibitors, and stakeholders during the event planning process to ensure everything is in order.
- Manage all event set-up, tear down and follow-up processes.
- Maintain event budgets.
- Conduct final inspections on the day of the event to ensure everything adheres to the client’s standards.
- Assess an event’s overall success and submit findings.
- Coordinate and monitor rental calendar and work closely with Events Manager to ensure a cohesive overall calendar.
- Hire staff to manage the event, including bouncers and security personnel.
- Manage client correspondence, prospecting, sales, tours, etc.
- Keep inventory of decor, projectors, computers, and other display materials.
- Maintaining a working relationship with vendors and clients.
- Understanding the complex needs of different events, and diverse clients.
- Planning event aspects, such as venue, seating, dining, and guest list.
- Ability to delegate event planning tasks to other staff members where necessary.
- Strong knowledge of venues and vendor offerings while taking clients on tours of venue possibilities.
- Issuing invoices and collecting payments in a timely manner, and creating comprehensive and readable financial reports.
- Managing and overseeing events on the day of, including problem-solving, welcoming guests, directing event set-up, communicating with staff, and organizing vendors, and managing take-down.
- Anticipating and planning for possible different scenarios.
- Creating sales opportunities for future events during client liaisons and during events.
- Strong communication skills, and the ability to present event ideas and plans to client and vendors.
- Supervisory Responsibilities
- Rental Coordinator
- Event Interns
- Seasonal Staff
- Work Environment
- Must be able to work both indoors and outdoors. Some locations visited during the course of executing job duties may not be wheelchair accessible; some time will be spent outside.
- This full time, exempt position is eligible for health, dental, life insurance, vision, long-term disability, voluntary life, accident coverage, 403(b), paid time off, and paid holidays.
- Skills and Abilities Required
- The ideal candidate will be highly energetic, committed, and a sophisticated organizer, implementer, and problem-solver with experience working within a dynamic non-profit organization.
- Must have excellent event planning, administration, financial management, and personnel management skills.
- Strong management skills and the ability to motivate, excite, and educate internal and external resources. This person should also have the ability to inspire the staff and all others involved with the Park to be effective resources in growth endeavors.
- Capable of developing and implementing clear goals, systems, and priorities.
- Must be highly articulate and diplomatic with strong written and verbal communications skills. An astute, sensitive, and tactful listener.
- Closing Skills, Motivation for Sales, Prospecting Skills, Sales Planning, Selling to Customer Needs, Territory Management, Market Knowledge, Presentation Skills, Energy Level, Meeting Sales Goals, Professionalism
- Excellent organizational skills, with emphasis on priorities and goal setting
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and statistical analysis software
- Superior presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Education and/or Experience
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience, preferably in a leadership role.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality Management, Entertainment Business, or Public Relations is preferred.
- Computer Equipment and Software Requirements
- Excellent word processing skills; must have expert-level skills with MS Office, especially Excel.
- Experience in use of standard office equipment.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid Oklahoma Driver’s License.
Position Reports to:
Associate Director of Events
Hours and Salary:
Full time, occasional evenings/weekends
To Apply for this Job:
Please send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to: email@example.com. You will be contacted only if considered for an initial phone or in-person interview.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)