Fall Membership Outreach Intern
Receive practical experience in membership, outreach and marketing by interning with the Oklahoma Center for Nonprofits. Engage in retention and recruitment efforts, assist with coordinating and producing materials, conduct outreach with members and nonprofit leaders, and support engagement for our over 1000 nonprofit member organizations statewide. OKCNP interns work with staff to help the Center achieve its mission to: build better communities through effective nonprofits.
Opportunities available through this internship include but are not limited to:
- Networking and increased understanding of nonprofits from many different sizes and states of development.
- Take any seminar or course of seminars for free during your internship including: Standards for Excellence©, Nonprofit Management Certification Program, and access to the Oklahoma Center for Nonprofits’ online learning & webinar library.
- Create relationships with nonprofit leaders statewide.
- Be engaged in setting strategy, implementation, communication and messaging,
- Work alongside and learn from energetic and highly-skilled nonprofit professionals.
- Travel throughout the state, for some internships.
- Ability to receive course credit, work experience, and become better acquainted with job opportunities in the nonprofit sector.
- Distribute membership marketing materials and work with design team to construct and compile membership collateral.
- Support delivery of retention strategy, communicating with members up for renewal, sending invoices, updating database.
- Researching nonprofit trends and information on organizations.
- Assessing outcomes, analyzing evaluations and preparing reports; using data.
- Assist with coordination of annual Membership Meeting, major fundraising galas, and outreach events.
- Engage Center members around their membership benefits.
- Assisting in building relationships with community partners.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of basic office software like Word and Excel.
- Ability to sit for long periods, speak and communicate effectively on the phone, and learn new office equipment and software.
Position Reports to:
Manager of Member Services
Hours and Salary:
Unpaid, but eligible to receive course credit
To Apply for this Job:
To apply for this job, email a cover letter and resume to Sara Jane DelMonte, Manager of Member Services, at email@example.com.