The Alliance for Economic Development is a non-profit economic development corporation created in 2011 to better serve the needs of Oklahoma City. With its collaboration with the City and private entities, the Alliance acts as a “one-stop-shop” for developers and businesses in need of assistance from the public sector.
Responsible for various administrative and communication duties in the office including reception, general clerical support, office operations and information management.
Work Experience and Education Requirements:
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Two years office assistant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Organized and efficient work habits.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to perform general clerical tasks.
• Desire and ability to learn quickly and be self-motivated.
• Basic computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint); basic Adobe Acrobat skills with ability to convert and combine files into a pdf document; and the ability to learn new technology and software quickly.
• Utilize abilities in problem identification, analysis, research, and resolution, using available resources to accomplish objectives and goals appropriate to the position.
• Personable, positive, and enthusiastic attitude with capability to deal effectively with people (both internal and external).
• Strong time-management skills with ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects, meet deadlines, and function well independently or as part of a team.
• Detail-oriented to produce accurate, high-quality work.
• Able to meet strict confidentiality guidelines.
• Knowledge of non-profit, governmental processes, and/or open meetings act and state record retention policy a plus.
• Serves as the office expert on the phone system, fax machine, copier, postage meter, etc.
• Maintains service logs, toner supply, and coordinates service and repairs.
Physical and/or Mental Requirements:
• Ability to perform sedentary physical work requiring occasional lifting and moving of boxes (up to 35 pounds).
• Required to reach, stoop, and kneel.
• Capable of operating in a stressful office environment.
Accommodation may be made for some of these physical demands for otherwise qualified individuals who require and request such accommodation.
Position Reports to: