Victim Advocate/Educational Outreach Coordinator
Tasks and Responsibilities of Victim Advocate include, but not limited to:
• Create a welcoming atmosphere for children, parents, and caregivers during their time at Abbott House
• Phone caregivers one day before the interview to confirm appointment, offer directions, and answer questions
• Orient families to the process and the facility upon their arrival
• Attend staffing for cases to gather information about the referral needs of each client and family
• Provide support to non-offending caregivers at the time of the forensic interview and medical exam
• Meet for referral consultation with all families and assess their needs. Assist them in locating referral services for counseling, medical care, and basic needs—coordinating with appropriate individuals and agencies to ensure that needed services are obtained.
• Follow up with all families after their visit to Abbott House to make sure they are receiving services
• Assist with database of referral sources for children and families that is county specific and compile statistics from database for reporting purposes
• Attend monthly case reviews and support of MDT team
• Assist with training and scheduling of volunteers and interns
• Able to handle confidential information with tact, discretion, and in compliance with job requirements
Tasks and responsibilities of the Training and Outreach Coordinator include, but not limited to:
• Conduct community training on child abuse identification and response, and best practices in child safety policies and protocols to leaders and administrators of schools, churches, civic groups, and other child-serving organizations
• Conduct community training on age appropriate physical and sexual development to schools, churches, civic groups, parents and other child-serving organizations, with an emphasis of recognizing abnormal and concerning behaviors as possible symptoms of abuse
• Assist with producing both printed and digital materials for presentation subjects of child abuse identification and response, age appropriate development and age appropriate sexual behaviors
• Oversee a response and training program for child serving professionals to be delivered in conjunction with Bethesda’s Stop, Go, and Tell safety program.
• In conjunction with the Director of Nursing Services, provide information and training to local pediatricians and family practice physicians regarding child abuse response and reporting, Abbott House’s medical program and Abbott House’s ability to intervene and respond.
• Maintain a cooperative relationship and regular communication among leaders and administrators of schools, churches, civic groups, and other child-serving organizations.
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing professional publications.
• Proficient in Excel, Google mail and able to successfully operate other software programs
• All other duties assigned by the Executive Director
The Mary Abbott Children’s House is looking for a qualified candidate to fill the job opening of Victim Advocate/Educational Outreach Coordinator. This full time position has a dual role of providing victim support to children and their non- offending caregiver and community educational outreach. This candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree in the social services field, with a least 3 years related experience, providing victim advocacy and educational outreach.
Position Reports to: Executive Director
To Apply for this Job:
Please send cover letter, resume and 3 references to Tiffany Wells-Combs, Executive Director by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: Wednesday, January 23, 2019