Development Director – 501 Tech
We are a nonprofit managed services organization serving the diverse IT needs of Oklahoma nonprofits and schools. We presently support 115 organizations representing 140 office locations across the state and 3,600 end user devices. We have worked with more than 475 organizations across our six programs. We are adding to our team serving the Tulsa metro area and eastern Oklahoma to sustain our growth.
The primary purpose of the Development Director is to ensure that the 501tech program has the community and philanthropic support required to sustain the mission over the long term.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Fundraising & Stewardship (75% time commitment)
o Design and implement an effective resource development strategy in partnership with the Program Director and Advisory Board.
o Increase total financial contributions through prospect research, prospect and donor cultivation, letters of inquiry, grant writing, grant reporting, grant calendar management, and effective donor recognition.
o Increase total in-kind donations through program promotion, partnership development, community outreach and effective donor recognition.
o Increase the size of the Advisory Board. Increase the level of engagement and financial support of individual Board members and their employers.
o Provide administrative support for the Chair and Vice-chair of the Advisory Board. Manage meeting schedules, maintain and distribute meeting minutes and attendance, maintain board directory, assist Board members recruitment of new members and with vendor and employer asks.
Public Relations & Communication (15% time investment)
o Design and implement an effective communications and public relations strategy in partnership with the Program Director and Advisory Board.
o Manage the following communications channels: social media including Facebook and LinkedIn; E-Newsletter / Newsletter; site visits and program tours; public speaking opportunities; event and program promotion through earned media (TV, Radio, Print).
Maintain Record of Activities (10% time investment)
o Letters of Inquiry
o Grant Requests
o Grant Reports
o Donation Receipts
o Confidentiality Agreements (Board)
o Grant Awards & Checks
o Grant Related Program Data
o Board Documents
Additional duties, as assigned by Program Director
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, Nonprofit Management, or other relevant field (preferred.)
• 5+ years of experience in professional fundraising/development to include applied knowledge of fundraising strategies, grants management, and donor relations with foundations, individuals, corporations, and other sources.
• 5+ years of experience working for non-profit organizations.
Desired Strengths and Abilities:
• Effective formal and informal communication – verbal and written
• Service minded, strong desire to work with clients, donors, and volunteers, providing responsive, respectful service
• Ability to work and manage priorities and tasks independently in a highly structured process
• Ability to multi-task and work successfully in fast paced environment
• Desire to work with diverse populations, including clients, staff, donors, volunteers, and Advisory Board Members
• Efficient and effective event management skills
• Engaging and passionate about serving non-profits and supporting the 501tech mission
• Donor Database Management (NeonCRM experience preferred)
• Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite and basic computing skills
• The ability to sit in front of a computer monitor for one to two hours at a time.
• The ability to lift 25 pounds.
• The ability to converse with clients, donors, and volunteers by phone.
• The ability to use computers, tablet and mobile devices.
501tech is a charitable program of Tulsa Community Foundation.
501tech & Tulsa Community Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, or any other basis made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws or regulations. We are an e-verify employer.
If you have a difficulty applying for any job posted on Tulsa Community Foundation’s website because a disability prevents you from using the online system, Tulsa Community Foundation offers the following alternate application procedure: Contact Human Resources at 918-494-8823, and TCF will arrange for an alternate method of applying and will consider your application together with all other applications received for the job. Please call only for such application assistance.
To Apply for this Job:
To Apply for this job go to: https://recruiting.myapps.paychex.com/appone/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=2217590
The link can also be found on the TCF website at www.tulsacf.org