In this small and emerging organization, the Development Manager is responsible for building and executing the development plan to support the Oklahoma Conference of Churches. She or he is also responsible for planning special events directly related to fundraising efforts on behalf of the organization.
Reporting to the Executive Director (ED), the Development Manager will spearhead fundraising strategy, grant management, and donor relations efforts as OCC continues to grow. This position provides excellent experience for the right candidate and will have the opportunity to build the development function within the organization.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management, HR, other related field OR relevant work experience.
• 3-5+ years in development, operations, or other related field.
• Be highly detail-oriented, thorough, and self-motivated with excellent communications skills, including grammar, editing, and content development.
• Possess the ability to multi-task and establish priorities.
• Possess strong organizational and “people skills” to interact successfully with diverse faith groups, co-workers, vendors, and donors as a highly functioning team member.
• Possess proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite productivity software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher.
• An advanced degree in Business Administration, Nonprofit Management, Finance, or other related field.
• Experience working in a non-profit environment; faith-based organizational experience a plus.
• Experience working with various donor database systems and quality assurance measurements a plus.
• Experience working with people of different races, ages, sexes, religious affiliations, creeds, identity, and socio-economic backgrounds a plus.
• Develop and execute OCC’s annual fundraising plan as well as support efforts toward the overall strategic plan.
• Secure financial support from individuals, organizations, congregations, communions, foundations, and corporations.
• Manage the implementation of donor software including donor engagement, recognition, and receipt; oversee staff responsible for data entry and gift processing
• Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors
• Creating and executing a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors
• Overseeing organization of special fundraising events
• Developing and tracking grant proposals including program updates, Letter of Interests (LOI), Request for Proposals (RFP) and any general reports related to any foundation and corporate fundraising/grants; maintain current grants.
• Work with the Development Committee to strategize efforts within the organization and implement desired strategies.
• Maintain thorough records within digital and physical filing systems.
To Apply for this Job:
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to our Executive Director, The Rev. Shannon Fleck at firstname.lastname@example.org.