Foster Care Case Manager
The Foster Care Case Manager supervises Foster Parents to ensure safety and well-being of children placed in their care.
All employees and volunteers are expected to be sensitive to our client’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics, reflect Sunbeam Family Services core values and to perform at Sunbeam’s standards of excellence at all times.
- Demonstrate capacity for providing developmentally appropriate practice, for exemplifying the values expected within the program, and for promoting the mission of the organization.
- Performs admission and discharges of children placed in foster care.
- Provides Case Management services to children placed in foster care
- Engage in a process of collaborative partnership building with foster families, OKDHS or other stakeholders to ensure permanency needs of children are met.
- Represent the comprehensive needs of families within interdisciplinary teams.
- Provides ongoing support and guidance to Foster Care Parents to ensure that foster families have an understanding of needs of foster children that foster families actively engage in self-care to avoid compassion fatigue, and to build the skills of foster families for managing children in their care.
- Conducts face to face foster home visits of children a minimum of once a month; verbal telephone contact when in home contact is not made to identify needs, assist in accessing resources to meet the need, and ensure a stable and nurturing environment for children
- Completes a monthly progress report on each child in foster care placement.
- Provides transportation for visits with biological families and foster parents as needed
- Conducts Foster Home Assessments and yearly updates of foster homes
- Completes and files all required documentation i.e. home studies, updates, training, home visits, service plans, weekly progress reports, etc.
- Participates in monthly and/or quarterly case record reviews
- Assesses and completes monthly reports for children who have remained in foster care for 30 days and over
- Participates in reflective supervision.
- Be on call for placements and crisis intervention as determined by the Director of Foster Care and/or their designee
- Perform all other tasks as assigned by the Director of Foster Care and/or their designee
- Adheres to all agency programs, COA, contract and licensing standards to ensure that program is in full compliance with these policies.
- Provides case management services to children and families in an effective and professional way.
- Conducts and records home studies, yearly updates, outcome measures to ensure that foster parents are providing a safe environment to foster children.
- Communicates effectively and professionally with community contacts so that agency services and employees are viewed as professional and ethical.
- Coordinates client services and other services utilized by client to ensure client’s needs are met.
- Maintains and completes all necessary records, documentation and reports in a timely and professional manner.
- Accepts all other duties assigned by direct supervisor and carries these out in a professional and timely manner.
- Performs required duties in a manner that demonstrates compliance with Sunbeam's Culturally Competent Practice Policy
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work; or bachelor’s degree in a behavioral or social science or a related field and one year of experience in children’s or family services.
- Prefer work experience with OKDHS/Child welfare.
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Performs timely crisis intervention, back up services and other duties assigned as required. Participates in case record reviews.
- Acquired training on proper use of car seats to ensure client’s safety and provides transportation to clients with car seats when necessary.
- Shall obtain and document continuing education consisting of a minimum of 12 clock hours per employment year which is relevant to the role and responsibility of the position Adheres to Agency’s code of ethics
- Must have own reliable and safe transportation in order to transport children
- Must have valid driver's license and maintain insurance for vehicle for transportation to site visits. Carrying of cell phone for off campus business strongly encouraged
- Must pass background checks and Drug Screen
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Must be culturally sensitive to the population served
- Must possess maturity and judgement consistent with the high level of responsibility Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Must have working knowledge of developmental milestones of young children and possess ability to relate to them in an effective manner.
- Ability to work with co-workers in a constructive manner and provide support to them when needed
- Ability to serve as a positive role model to foster parents by being reliable and dependable Maintain positive work attitude that promotes positive work relationships
- Must possess proficient computer skills Must have good organizational skills
COMPUTER EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS:
- Proficient in MS Office including Excel, Windows, and on the Internet, type 30 wpm (prefer 40+), basic knowledge of database management (prefer intermediate), ability to efficiently and effectively work the following standard office equipment including but not limited to: telephone, copier, facsimile machine, and scanner.
- Computer, telephone, cell phone, fax, calculator and car seats. Must be able to set and reset building alarms where applicable.
To Apply for this Job:
Please visit https://sunbeamfamilyservices.org/careers/