Oklahoma has the 2nd highest teen birth rate in the U.S., and some areas of Tulsa have teen birth rates that are triple the national average. At the Tulsa Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy (Tulsa Campaign), we believe that all young people deserve to be educated, empowered, and supported by their community and to have a future full of hope and opportunities to reach their full potential. We work to achieve our vision by equipping the community with strategies and solutions for this issue thereby improving health and economic well-being for all. The Tulsa Campaign is seen as a convening and capacity building leader in Tulsa County and beyond. It is an exciting time at the Tulsa Campaign as we recently have adopted a new strategic plan and are poised for growth and expansion of programming.
The Executive Director (ED) provides the vision, leadership and management necessary to achieve the Tulsa Campaign strategic goals. In alignment with the mission and beliefs of the Tulsa Campaign, the ED is responsible for providing strategic guidance and oversight to the Tulsa Campaign’s program planning, implementation and evaluation. In addition, the ED is responsible for building strategic community relationships and fundraising. This position is also responsible for providing input on the overall direction of the Tulsa Campaign in partnership with the Board of Directors.
This is an outstanding opportunity to play a critical leadership role in teen pregnancy prevention in Tulsa and the Green Country area. Therefore, first and foremost, the Executive Director must be committed to the mission of the organization and its core values and have the skills and maturity to lead a highly functioning, high-trust team.
- Demonstrated track record of senior management experience in a leadership capacity
- Experience in successful working relationships with board and staff
- Ability to lead and thrive in a fluid, sometimes unstructured, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Successful track record in fund development and grant writing
- Experience in organizational budgeting and management
- Ability to exercise judgement in a fast-paced environment
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral)
- Excellent computer skills
- Masters degree, preferably a MPH or MBA or Management
- Minimum of 5 years management experience preferred, in a non-profit organization a plus
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide hands-on, day-to-day leadership to staff ensuring successful completion of the deliverables within the Tulsa Campaign’s strategic plan.
- Ensure that the organization has the financial resources needed to effectively achieve its mission and strategically identified goals. To this end, the role of the ED involves highly effective communication with current and potential funders (federal, state and private) including grant writing responsibilities and project reporting responsibilities.
- Lead the Tulsa Campaign’s senior management team and as such participate in decision making processes of the Tulsa Campaign including, but not limited to financial decisions, programmatic decisions and general strategy decisions.
- Responsible for ongoing quality assurance/quality improvement monitoring of all Tulsa Campaign interventions, programs and services, including strategies identified within the organization’s strategic plan: capacity building, communication and research.
- Ensure that the Tulsa Campaign is in full compliance with all grant and contractual requirements including 1) federal regulations; 2) state and private contracts; 3) private and corporate donor requirements.
- Ensure that the Tulsa Campaign continues to recruit, hire and retain a talented group of professionals that are viewed as experts in their area of content in the city, state and nationally; are able to effectively deliver needed planning, implementation and evaluation strategies; and, are respected by their peers.
- Serve as the organization’s main representative and speak and present at a variety of organizational events, meetings, committees and presentations in order to facilitate and foster new and existing partnerships.
- Oversee the writing, publication, distribution of Tulsa Campaign research and evaluation projects; maintains strict protocols for distribution of project results both internally and externally; and, ensures that evaluation and research data are used to inform and guide the ongoing operations of the organization.
- Clearly communicate all aspects of programming to inform budgets, proposals and reports as necessary.
Position Reports to: Board of Directors
To Apply for this Job:
The Tulsa Campaign is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to those qualified and to recruiting and hiring people in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, status as a covered veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package commiserate with experience and education. Salary is competitive with other non-profits in Oklahoma with similar budget and executive responsibilities.
To apply please submit cover letter, resume, salary requirements and three references (attn: Aimee Boyer) to email@example.com. No calls to organization please.