The Project Coordinator position is funded a federal Victims of Crime Act Grant. Applicant must assist and promote trust and communication between the victims and the Guardian Ad Litem attorney(s). The Project Coordinator will perform the following duties in compliance with policies and procedures of the Oklahoma Guardian Ad Litem Institute:
• Administrative support for 2 staff attorneys, as well as, handling outreach for the Institute
• Provide referral information to victims of domestic violence and other crimes for counseling, support groups, and financial assistance upon the request of the assigned case attorney
• Serve as a liaison between the Institute and the non-profit community
• Assist in the recruitment of attorney and non-attorney volunteers
• Assist with the coordination of Continuing Legal Education (CLE) seminars pertaining to domestic violence and other guardian ad litem issues
• Assist in the coordination of outreach with the legal community, as well as various local bar associations around the state
• Field inquiries from the public regarding the Institute
• Schedule appointments for staff attorney(s)
• Manage calendar for staff attorney(s)
• Assist with special projects and events
• Assist with fundraising
• Screen for victimizations
• Other duties as assigned
Applicant must have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree. Prior training and experience with domestic violence victims preferred, but not required. Prior experience in law office also preferred, but not required.
Must have excellent attention to detail, outstanding communication skills, and a commitment to service. Should be efficient with Word, Excel and general computer skills. Must be able to follow directions.
Position Reports to: Sharon Byers, Executive Director
Hours and Salary: 40 hours/week, $35,000/year plus benefits
To Apply for this Job:
To apply, please send cover letter, resumes and list of references to Sharon Byers by email: email@example.com; fax: (405) 888-5433; or mail: 1701 Signal Ridge Drive, Suite 110, Edmond, OK 73013.