Event Rental Coordinator
The Event Rental Coordinator assists in providing organizational and operational support in the development and execution of events to ensure all events run smoothly and successfully from the creation of contracts to clean-up. Integral part of a team to support all internal events at the Myriad Gardens. Provides clerical and administrative support to the Rentals department and must be able to work flexible hours.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Assists with onsite tours and promotes the Myriad Gardens as a venue for private events including weddings, receptions, corporate events, birthday parties, and public events.
• Plans and manages the implementation of various aspects of corporate and social events, including but not limited to, wedding ceremonies, receptions, bridal showers, rehearsal dinners, meetings, birthday parties and fundraisers.
• Assists in managing monthly event calendar.
• Works closely with client to understand wants, needs, personal taste and budget as well as manages clients’ expectations.
• Ensures all customers are informed of policies and procedures of facility.
• Works with staff of Myriad Gardens and outside vendors to ensure completion of all logistics; set-up, tear down, food service, security, parking, etc.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
• Provides timely feedback to Facilities Operations and Rental Manager and senior staff regarding performance and troubleshooting potential problems.
• Assists in managing all rental related inventory including tables, chairs, linens, audio/visual, etc. and ensures equipment remains in good condition.
Computer Equipment and Software Requirements
• Excellent word processing skills; must have proficient skills with MS Office and MS Excel.
• Experience in use of standard office equipment.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• Valid Oklahoma Driver’s License.
Skills and Abilities Required
• Experience in Sales or Hospitality Management preferred.
• Problem solver with the ability to formulate proactive solutions and recommendations.
• Experience in meeting planning, catering and/or facility sales environment with a proven ability to meet goals.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to remain calm when under pressure.
• Motivation for sales, closing contracts and prospecting.
• Professional appearance and mannerisms with excellent customer service skills and attitude.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Must be able to multi-task, return all emails and phonecalls in a timely manner, and work well in a team atmosphere.
• Ability to track details and follow projects to completion.
• Ability to determine priorities; be both self-directed and work within a team environment.
• Must have the flexibility and willingness to work an occasional evenings and weekends when required.
• Must be able to sit for extended periods.
• Must be able to bend, stoop and walk.
• Must be able to climb stairs.
• Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds, i.e. tables, chairs, audio visual equipment, chair and table carts.
The employee will work in both an office and botanical gardens environment. Some locations visited during the course of executing job duties may not be wheelchair accessible; some time may be spent outside in various weather conditions.
This full time, non-exempt position is eligible for health, dental, life insurance, vision, long-term disability, voluntary life, accident coverage, 401(k), paid time off, and paid holidays.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
To Apply for this Job
Please email resume, cover letter, and letter of reference to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Myriad Gardens Foundation at 301 W. Reno, Oklahoma City, OK 73102.