The Research Coordinator for the Office of Institutional Advancement is responsible for conducting extensive research to identify prospective donors for the University by compiling, analyzing, and verifying biographical information and public records as well as analyzing giving and engagement data to be used in goal-setting for fundraising campaigns. The Research Coordinator will organize and present information in comprehensive, standardized reports which are used to evaluate prospective donors, to determine the potential for productive relationships with the University, and to develop successful cultivation and solicitation strategies. This position reports to the Associate Director of Stewardship and Research in the Office of Institutional Advancement.
• Using a broad spectrum of sources, researches, organizes, and evaluates a foundation, corporation, or individual donor’s capacity, areas of interest, and current level of engagement
• Uses donor database, web resources, financial records, real estate records, and publicly accessible information to assess donor viability
• Utilizing excellent writing skills, creates documents that will be reviewed by TU executive staff, trustees, and campaign leadership
• Works with advancement staff to improve the University’s fundraising strategies
• Provides general support to advancement staff and special projects
• Performs other duties as assigned/needed
Bachelor’s degree and one to two years of experience in a corporate or non-profit communications and/or research-related field; strong written and verbal communication skills; impeccable attention to detail and adherence to deadlines; must have superior organizational skills; demonstrated ability to manage long-term projects and tasks; flexibility to adapt to changing priorities as needed; strong online research and analytical skills; ability to adhere to strict ethical and confidentiality guidelines
Experience with prospect research and prior experience in fundraising or higher education is preferred.
To Apply for this Job:
The University of Tulsa seeks to recruit and retain talented students, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds. The University of Tulsa is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply. The University does not discriminate on the basis of personal status or group characteristic including, but not limited to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, sex, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, ancestry, or marital status.
Please submit a cover letter, résumé, and contact information for three references to: The University of Tulsa, Office of Human Resources, 800 S. Tucker Drive, Tulsa, OK 74104 or email to email@example.com or fax to (918) 631-3543. The review of applications will commence immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
The University of Tulsa is an Equal Opportunity Employer Disabled/ Veteran.