Summer Feeding Temporary Positions
There are four summer feeding positions. The following are the descriptions of each:
Summer Kitchen Associate: is responsible for assisting in the daily production of nutritious, delicious, and appealing meals and snacks. It is the Summer Specialist’s responsibility to ensure that the preparation of these meals and snacks is done by methods that maintain high nutrient levels and that are consistent with the Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma’s requirements. Positions will be 35 hours per week and will begin May 29, 2018 and end July 27, 2018.
Summer Feeding Monitor: Under supervision of the Food For Kids Manager, the Regional Food Bank seeks monitors who are responsible for visiting sites according to a predetermined schedule to ensure all sites are following guidelines set by the Summer Food Service Program and the Regional Food Bank. The monitor should have a current driver’s license and a reliable vehicle, though most driving will be made in a rental vehicle. Out-of-town travel may be required. This position will be 35 hours per week and will begin May 14, 2018 and end August 3, 2018.
Summer Feeding Administrative Assistant: Under supervision of the Food For Kids Manager, the Summer Feeding Administrative Assistant is responsible for administrative assistance of the Summer Feeding Program. This position will be 35 hours per week and will begin May 15, 2018 and end August 10, 2018.
Summer Feeding Driver: Under supervision of the Transportation Manager, Summer Feeding Drivers will deliver meals in connection with the school based Summer Food Service Program in the Oklahoma City metro area. Drivers must have a valid driver’s license (Class D), clean driving record (MVR) and complete a background check, physical and drug test prior to employment. This position will be 35 hours per week and will begin May 24, 2018 and end August 1, 2018.
- High school education. (College or work related training beneficial.) Must be able to multitask and capable of adjusting to changing situations in a fast-paced environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Position requires standing, walking, pushing, pulling, bending, kneeling, listening, talking and/or visual concentration; writing and/or computer use and the ability to reach above the shoulder; the ability to lift 50 pounds is required. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Language Skills - Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from staff, partner agencies/schools, clients, donors, community organizations, and the general public. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Mathematical Skills - Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Personal Skills - Must be a self-starter who is driven and capable of keeping track of multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. Excellent interpersonal skills; excellent verbal communication skills; ability to manage time well; ability to build relationships; strategic, innovative thinker; able to use common office software applications
- Technical Skills - Strong computer skills (MS Outlook, Word, and Excel)
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Clearance of background investigation and drug screen.
- Must be able to pass physical examination.
- Must be computer literate in email, word processing, spreadsheets and internet navigation.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
REQUIRED PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
- Integrity, enthusiasm, perspective, flexibility, and a strong work ethic.
- A desire to be a part of an innovative, entrepreneurial organization with the ability to prioritize, move quickly, and maintain strong follow-through in a dynamic environment.
- A deep appreciation for, and an ability to articulate, the mission of the Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma.
- The intellectual depth, maturity, wisdom, and collaborative skills to garner the trust and confidence of volunteer and volunteer leaders, staff, and other constituents.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work well with people at all levels, and a strong commitment to teamwork.
To Apply for this Job:
To submit your resume and complete the online application go to:
Application Deadline: Tuesday, May 1, 2018