Under the immediate direction of the Standards and Compliance Officer, the person in this position is responsible for understanding the philosophy, policies, and procedures of Oklahoma Halfway House, Inc. (OHH). The individual in this position manages the administrative office and the administrative support needs.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Organize and schedule appointments and interoffice meetings (taking detailed minutes as requested)
- Write and distribute email, correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports
- Develop and maintain a filing system
- Update and maintain office policies and procedures
- Help research and implement new ideas and programs as directed.
- Check Personal and Professional References of Applicants
- Complete and distribute required agency paperwork to appropriate agencies.
- Handle all Personnel inquiries
- Assist in orientation of new employees. Maintain personnel files and time sheets.
- Monitor and provide assistance with all copier, fax, time clock, telephone, and computer related issues and upgrades.
- Obtain and track in-house office supply needs.
- Help track and organize company property.
- Assist with gathering information for audits.
- Help digitize paperwork and organize company files.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with co-workers, residents, and other public entities.
- Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers and fax machines
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS Word, in particular)
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Valid OK driver’s license required
- No supervisory responsibilities
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representations of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Skill in communicating effectively with others, both orally and in writing.
- Contains all of the job specific skills as noted above.
**The list of examples of work performed is not exhaustive. Other duties may be assigned, as necessary, and as commensurate with the level of skill, training, and compensation provided to the employee.
Education and/or Experience:
- Completion of High School Diploma, or equivalent, with 1 year of experience as an administrative assistant, secretary, office manager, accounts clerk, or other relevant experience. Additional education may be substituted for experience. College degree preferred.
- Adherence to work hours established for this position will allow for flexibility.
- Ability to maintain confidential information in accordance with State and Federal law.
**Qualifications and requirements may be temporarily waived or exchanged for education or experience at the discretion of the Executive Director, or permanently by approval of the Board of Directors.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret basic policies and procedures. Ability to extrapolate data into written report format.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hand and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Ability to drive a car.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The work will require travel with most working time in a standard office environment. This will require some exposure to normal office machinery, such as telephones, fax machines, copy machines, and other office equipment. Answering routine questions of procedures posed by fellow employees is customary.
**In the event of a prolonged vacancy during active recruitment to fill this position, an existing employee may be selected to fill this position as “acting” until the position can be permanently filled.
Hours and Salary: $12 to $15 an hour
To Apply for this Job: * Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org