Director of Development and Communications
Under the general direction of the Executive Director and the Resource Development Committee of the Board of Directors, the Director of Development and Communications plans, develops, and maintains a comprehensive private and public sector fund-raising and communications program on behalf of Infant Crisis Services ensuring the mission and vision established by the Board of Directors. The Director organizes and directs all of Infant Crisis Services’ fundraising including, the major gifts program, annual fund, planned giving, special events and capital campaigns. This position works closely with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors in all development and fund raising endeavors. The Director provides oversight and direction for all Infant Crisis Services’ marketing, communications and public relations activities and materials including publications, media relations, news releases, newsletters, brochures, websites, billboards and videos. The Director develops and mentors the development and communication team.
The Director of Development and Communications is expected to serve as ambassador at large for Infant Crisis Services and must demonstrate professional excellence and perform to Infant Crisis Services’ standards of quality at all times.
- Experience utilizing technology, web-based tools, and social media for donor communication and solicitation preferred.
- Must be a highly energetic professional with a track record of building donor relationships.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to understand the needs and interests of leadership and major gift donors in order to develop relationships between them and the organization.
- Successful experience in developing cultivation and solicitation strategies.
- Must adhere to Infant Crisis Services core values of respect, compassion, kindness and love.
- Must have exceptional planning and coordination skills.
- Must be comfortable with public speaking and delivering formal presentations.
- Must have the ability to excel in a diverse, collaborative team environment.
- Knowledge of telephone and business machine operations; skilled in the use of personal computers and related software.
- Must have a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential Infant Crisis Services, client, donor, and employee information and situations.
- Must be able to multi-task and remain calm in chaotic situations.
- Must possess the ability to understand various Infant Crisis Services operations and procedures.
- Must be able to maintain a professional, customer service-oriented attitude at all times.
- Ability to meet face-to-face with a diverse clientele develops rapport, provide information, counsel, and refer with sensitivity to cultural issues.
- Ability to work and communicate with staff, clients and their families, donors, vendors, community agencies, etc. to meet their needs in a polite, courteous and cooperative manner.
- Must display a high level of initiative, effort and commitment towards completing assignments efficiently.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and demonstrate attention to detail.
- Must have the flexibility and willingness to work on occasional evenings and weekends where required.
- Basic word processing skills; Microsoft Office proficiency required. Internet proficiency required.
- Experience in use of standard office equipment.
- Bachelor’s degree with five (5) plus years development experience with demonstrated success in fundraising as well as managing and forging relations with multiple donor sources OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience with demonstrated success in communications, event management, and marketing preferred.
- Prior managerial experience with demonstrated success in developing and mentoring a team is preferred.
Position Reports to: Executive Director
Hours and Salary: Full-time M-F
To Apply for this Job:
If this position sounds like a good fit for you and you meet the position qualifications, please go to the following link to apply online: http://www.infantcrisis.org/about/careers/
Application Deadline: Thursday, February 22, 2018