Programs Department Intern
Oklahoma Center for Nonprofits
Summer – 2019 (May –Aug)
Receive practical experience in adult-education, consulting, training, marketing, and membership, by interning with the Oklahoma Center for Nonprofits. Design curriculum, evaluate programs, assist with consulting services, network with nonprofit leaders, and coordinate our over 150 workshops each year that equip nonprofit leaders with the tools they need to be successful in their leadership. OKCNP interns work with staff to help the Center achieve its mission to: build better communities through effective nonprofits.
- Opportunities available through this internship include but are not limited to: networking and increased understanding of nonprofits from many different sizes and states of development;
- take any seminar or course of seminars for free during your internship including: Standards for Excellence©, Nonprofit Management Certification Program, and Grantwriting;
- learn about program analysis and evaluation;
- be engaged in setting strategy, implementation, and communication and messaging,
- work alongside and learn from, energetic and highly-skilled nonprofit professionals;
- travel and network across the state, for some internships;
- ability to receive course credit and work experience.
- Designing and implementing course curriculum, setting learning objectives, and crafting continuing learning opportunities based on adult learning principles.
- Assessing outcomes, analyzing evaluations and preparing reports; using data.
- Scheduling training and networking events, proctoring professional development events, providing hospitality to participants.
- Writing/designing materials used in courses.
- Engaging Center members around their membership benefits
- Researching nonprofit trends and information on organizations
- Assisting in building relationships with community partners
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Strong working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook Calendar.
- Ability to sit for long periods, speak and communicate effectively through the phone, and learn new office equipment and software.
- Ability to lift 25-50 lbs
- Full or Part-Time, Unpaid Internship, 3-6 month or 1-year internships available.
- This position may qualify for academic credit.
Tulsa or Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Interested? Please contact Jamie Lopp by email JLopp@okcnp.org or 405-463-6886, ext 218