Shared Financial Services Accountant, Full-Time
Job Title: Shared Financial Services Accountant, Full-Time
- Provide superior financial management service to our Shared Services Clients.
- Provide consulting services in the area of accounting and finance, per contractual agreements entered into by Shared Services, as requested by the Director of Shared Services.
- Provide administrative support to our growing Shared Services Program.
- Successful candidate will:
- Be committed to the Center’s commitment to nonprofit excellence.
- Possess outstanding communications skills.
- Be able to work independently and as a team member dedicated to excellent client service and continuous improvement.
- Demonstrate an acute attention to detail.
- Ensure that segregation of duties is maintained.
- Analyze financial transactions and prepare reports; ensuring accuracy in financial documents, expenditures, and investments.
- Regularly monitor bookkeeping activities, including the management of payables and receivables.
- Oversee ledger reconciliation; including month-end close process.
- Assist with payroll processing.
- May be responsible for banking processes, including deposits.
- Prepares or assists with grant reporting and compliance; including government grants.
- May attend client governance and committee meetings.
- Develop operating procedures & job aids for Shared Services Program.
- Stay informed on industry developments and changes in regulation.
- Ability to travel. Must have car and driver’s license. Mileage reimbursement for client-related travel.
- Must be able to sit for long periods, lift more than 5 pounds, navigate stairs, communicate on telephone and in person, work on a computer, and be able to speak in public.
- Other bookkeeping and financial management duties as may be assigned by the Director of Shared Services.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field. In lieu of a degree, related job experience will be accepted with approval of the President/CEO.
- 3-5 years nonprofit bookkeeping / accounting experience; CPA certification strongly preferred.
- Experienced in MS Excel and some form of accounting software; minimum intermediate level.
- Director of Shared Services with overall oversight by Vice President of Programs.
- No direct reports
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
The Oklahoma Center for Nonprofits is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applications for employment. The Oklahoma Center for Nonprofits will not tolerate bullying, discrimination, or harassment based on gender, sexual orientation, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, marital status, age, gender identity, disability, or any other intrinsic characteristic protected by law.