Marketing and Communications Intern
At the Oklahoma Center for Nonprofits, interns play an important role in furthering our mission of “building better communities through effective nonprofits.” As the preeminent statewide authority on nonprofits, we work tirelessly to assist Oklahoma nonprofits of all types build capacity within their organizations so that the hundreds of communities they serve may receive essential services. The Marketing and Communications Intern reports to the Director of Communications but may work with other staff and initiatives at OKCNP as assigned.
Receive practical experience in marketing and communications by interning with the Oklahoma Center for Nonprofits. Design print and digital media, write press releases, create and distribute Center newsletters and materials, special event marketing for our annual events (Visions – Fall, ONE - Spring), track nonprofit sector news, and assist in marketing OKCNP’s over 200 workshops and special programs that equip nonprofit leaders with the tools they need to be successful in their leadership.
Opportunities available through this internship include but are not limited to:
- Network with Oklahoma’s preeminent nonprofit membership base and increase your understanding of nonprofits of many different sizes and states of development
- Advance your knowledge about professional and leadership development
- Work with various community leaders in Oklahoma
- Access OKCNP’s extensive program offerings and nonprofit resource library
- Statewide travel and network opportunities
- Design print material, developing on-line marketing tools (including social media), updating materials used in training and special events.
- Analyze marketing effectiveness
- Market remote workshops in specific communities
- Build relationships with media sources across the state
- Work with the Program Department to create strategies to achieve a successful program for 2016-2017 and beyond
- Assist in building relationships with community partners
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of Office and Adobe products.
- Ability to sit for long periods, speak and communicate effectively through the phone, lift up to 25 lbs, learn new office equipment and software.
- Seeking a degree related to Marketing or Communications
- Full or Part-Time, Unpaid Internship, 3-6 month or 1-year internships available.
- This position may qualify for academic credit
Position Reports to:
Creative Marketing Director
To Apply for this Internship:
Please submit letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Marketing and Communications Intern in the Subject Line