OK, Let’s Count!
Nonprofits are a vital resource to help Oklahoma get out the count in just a few weeks! WE NEED YOU to help ensure Oklahoma has access to all federal funds available (worth $1,675 for every person counted in the 2020 Census).
- Every Oklahoman counts. In every home. Every town. Every county. Every shelter. Every dorm. Every barrack. EVERYONE COUNTS.
- Oklahoma misses out on funding for education, healthcare, infrastructure and more when we aren’t counted.
- It is a basis for democracy.
- There are a lot of people who don’t get counted in the Census that include ethnic minorities, Native Americans, children, persons with disabilities, multi-family households, and many more.
- There are various reasons for low response, but nonprofits are proximate to those who don’t get counted – it is our job to ensure the most complete count.
We need nonprofits to spread the word this year. Get Counted! Talk to your staff and board about the Census. Educate your clientele about why the Census is so important. If you can, help others fill out their Census online, by phone or on paper.