Relationship Goals for Fundraising with Dr. Adrian Sargeant
Join Oklahoma Center for Nonprofits for our National Speaker Series with world-renowned fundraising expert, Dr. Adrian Sargeant as he discusses Relationship Goals for Fundraising!
- We want to grow philanthropy by enhancing the donor experience.
- For every incremental form of training and development an organization can get involved with, that seems to be correlated with a $37,000 increase in the amount the people are willing to raise.
- People give, because they get a lot out of it.
- The big driver of loyalty is how satisfied donors are with the quality of service that they are getting from the fundraising team.
It’s all about relationships!
Throughout all of our fundraising and development workshops, you will hear us talk about the importance of relationships. Dr. Adrian Sargeant’s workshop is the perfect continuation of that training. You won’t want to miss out!
Fundraising success is a reflection of the relationships a nonprofit, its board and employees have built over time. Join us for a presentation from champion fundraising researcher Adrian Sergeant as we explore how relationships impact your organization’s fundraising goals.
- Approach donors with relationship tactics
- Communicate with donors with emotion
- Increase satisfaction
- Enhance donor experiences
Adrian Sargeant is one of the world’s leading authorities on how to achieve growth in philanthropy. In 2011 he ran Growing Philanthropy summits in Washington DC and London drawing together leaders from the nonprofit communities in both countries to discuss the role that the sector itself might play in growing philanthropy. He also helped facilitate a philanthropy summit for the Rockefeller Foundation and the Resource Alliance in Bellagio, Italy, the primary goal of which was to improve the flow of philanthropy in the development system. In addition, Professor Sargeant is the world’s foremost fundraising academic, holding a Chair in Fundraising at Plymouth University and directing the Centre for Sustainable Philanthropy. He was formerly the first Hartsook Chair in Fundraising at the Lilly Family School of Philanthropy at Indiana University.
A prolific author and educator, Adrian Sargeant is considered a world class and motivational speaker, regularly delivering plenary presentations in a variety of different international venues. Topics include donor retention/loyalty, philanthropic psychology, bequest giving and digital fundraising. He works now on both sides of the Atlantic having become a naturalized American citizen in November 2013.