|Position Description: *
The Oklahoma Tobacco Settlement Endowment Trust (TSET) is a grant making state agency which serves as a partner and bridge builder for organizations working towards shaping a healthier future for all Oklahomans. TSET provides leadership at the intersections of health by working with coalitions and initiatives across the state, by cultivating innovative and life-changing research, and by working across public and private sectors to develop, support, implement and evaluate innovative, high-impact strategies to improve the public's health.
The Grants Manager, Data and Reporting assists the TSET Director of Grants Management with all components of the grant making process: grants development, processing, and implementation, and monitoring of grant programs to assure regulatory compliance and progress toward objectives. In addition, the position will serve as the lead in the development and customization of a grants management database, contact management system and/or other tools designed for use in streamlining and expediting all grants related processes. The Grants Manager, Data and Reporting will serve as the primary internal agency contact for creation and distribution of reports for use in analyzing grant processes, expenditures, services to specific populations or areas of the state and any other data requested by the TSET Director of Grants Management. The Grants Manager, Data and Reporting will become the subject matter expert in use and management of the grants management system or systems used by the agency to conduct business and will work with the vendor to customize the system to meet TSET’s specific requirements and needs and will assist in the business support of additional agency specific applications. This position will also be tasked with researching problems with agency specific applications and troubleshooting to identify solutions, to include making recommendations to the Director of Grants Management and the Executive Director. The Grants Manager, Data and Reporting will coordinate interaction with vendors to facilitate training, research application errors and fixes and ensure optimal systems specific function. The position will also work to improve overall usage of specific applications/systems to ensure and support exemplary customer service delivery through use of technology.
The Grants Manager, Data and Reporting works with the TSET Director of Grants Management to facilitate quality service delivery to grantees through the application of sound grants management planning, implementation, budgeting, monitoring, closeout and evaluation. In addition, the Grants Manager, Data and Reporting is responsible for working with the entire TSET Team to cultivate and sustain positive relationships with all grantees and partners.
Working for and with the TSET Director of Grants Management, the Grants Manager, Data and Reporting Grant Manager assists with tasks related to solicitations and proposal management including the preparation of grant application guidance and requests for proposals, receiving proposals, facilitating grant review processes, and preparing recommendations for the board. The Grants Manger, Data and Reporting assists the TSET Director of Grants Management and other staff in monitoring of grants and contracts for initiatives approved by the Board for funding.
The Grants Manager, Data and Reporting works under the guidance and supervision of the TSET Director of Grants Management, who evaluates job performance. Working with the Director of Grants Management, the position is designed to enhance the agency’s long-range planning, strategy implementation and communications efforts with knowledge of grantees, agency history, pertinent practices, policies, procedures and regulations.
GOALS AND WORKER ACTIVITIES
· Serves as the lead in developing, customizing, and implementing a grants management grants management database, contact management system and/or other tools designed for use in streamlining and expediting all grants related processes.
· Assures that the grants database follows the agency’s work processes while balancing the needs of program and financial staff as well as regulatory compliance;
· Ensures integrity of data, and evaluates processes and makes strategic recommendations for improvements.
· Serves as the lead in use of the grants database to facilitate accurate and timely grant reporting and forwards notices requesting submission of all required information and reports.
· Assists in monitoring agency grants management operations to ensure overall quality service delivery and timeliness of all aspects of grants administration across grant categories.
· Stays abreast of all rules, including caps, allowable and prohibited expenses as related to TSET grants budgets and works in concert with TSET Program Officers to ensure adherence to those rules.
· Assists TSET Director of Grants Management in working with other state, federal, and local public and private organizations to identify qualified professionals to serve on external expert review committees and provides staff support to facilitate the external review of proposals, as appropriate.
· Completes technical reviews for some or all grant applications in concert with the TSET Director of Grants Management.
· Works with TSET Director of Grants Management to prepare materials for Board and committee meetings.
· Supports the TSET Director of Grants Management in facilitation of the grant contract awards process, to include delivery of contracts via the grants database and monitoring the required return and full execution of grant contracts.
· Facilitates grant award payments by requesting additional information necessary to approve payments.
· Works with the TSET Director of Grants Management and other staff to coordinate preparation and completion of all grant related paperwork necessary to request contracts and/or purchase orders.
· Provides assistance as necessary to organize and execute grant applicant workshops and trainings.
· Serves as a key member of the TSET Grants Management Team for all things related to routine agency operations.
· Other duties as identified and assigned by the TSET Director of Grants Management.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
The Grants Manager must have a combination of education and experience necessary to fulfill the responsibilities and expectations contained in the job description. Preference may be given to candidates with experience in a private grant making organization or state grant making. At a minimum, a candidate for the Grants Manager position must have a degree from an accredited university with at least three years of demonstrated experience in grant program implementation and monitoring and significant knowledge of the grant making cycle as well as demonstrated expertise in use of grants management software. This position requires a detail-oriented self-starter with superb follow through. Travel in and out of state to attend trainings, site visits, applicant workshops etc… on an occasional/as-needed basis may be required as part of performing essential duties satisfactorily.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS & ABILITIES
· Demonstrated understanding of current grant making standards, practices and methods, as well as an understanding of the routine management and operations of a grants database and contact management system.
· Demonstrated understanding of and experience with grants management software applications testing and implementation
· Knowledge of and experience in philanthropy, the nonprofit sector, and foundation and state agency grant making and operations.
· Basic understanding of the agency’s program areas and mission.
· Demonstrated experience in implementing grant policies and procedures.
· Knowledge and application of best practices in grant making.
· Analytical capabilities with accounting procedures and processes for structuring grant related projects.
· Ability to communicate technical, budgetary and program details to staff, grantees and applicants, orally and in writing.
· Ability to implement effective workflow processes and procedures.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Windows or XP and Microsoft Office products.
· Ability to work in a project management system.
· Knowledge of Socrata and/or other representational mapping software preferred.
· Knowledge of GovDelivery preferred.
· Knowledge of how grants management databases are used to streamline and support all grant related processes in grant making agencies/organizations.
· Ability to foster an atmosphere which recognizes and respects cultural and individual differences.
· Ability to work as a member of a team as well as independently.
· Ability to analyze grant processes and participate in efforts to streamline them through use of technology and innovative approaches.